We present a dataset consisting of metrical structure annotations for the GTZAN dataset.
- The metrical structure is represented by the pulse rates (in BPM) of all the metrical levels present in the music
- The annotations have been made by Professional drummers
- Each track of the dataset have been annotated at least twice, so that the level of inter-annotator agreement can be assessed
Download it here
Content of the dataset:
- READ_ME.txt: contains useful information about the dataset, such as a description of the data structure, citation information etc.
- annotations_MetricalStructure_GTZAN.json: contains the annotations for all the tracks
- csv: contains the annotations in csv format. One file per track, containing all the annotations.
If you make use of this dataset, please cite:
 E. Quinton, C. Harte, and M. Sandler, “Extraction of Metrical Structure from Music Recordings,” in Proc. of the 18th Int. Conference on Digital Audio Effects (DAFx). Trondheim, Norway, Nov 30 - Dec 3, 2015.
Read paper here
The corresponding audio files can be found here